AHHH!!!! is the Final Cut Pro update coming anytime soon!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Chrisg2014, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Chrisg2014 macrumors regular

I just want the dual viewers and they said it will be coming out in summer and summer is fastly ending. I know no one probable has an idea but I just have to ask, any ideas?

or maybe there going to release a Final Cut Pro X 2 or Final Cut Pro XI? (not gonna happen LOL I just had to say it :) )

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple does not provide any public information for its products so, your guess is good as anyones.

Just take Aperture as an example. People had hoped/expected to see an update to Aperture given that its main competitor LightRoom was updated in May. Rumors were swirling that we'd see something in July.

No word from apple, and now we're in the middle of August without an update - moral of the story, no one knows when apple updates its apps.

3. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

I feel like that would be quite a big difference. The GUI has to change, the workflow is different. In my opinion it's a lot.

So I wouldn't be surprised when they introduce it with the next version of FCPX (I doubt they'll call it FCP 11).

To (badly) support my argument; only with Mountain Lion did they introduce safari with the url and search bar as one, instead of two seperate bars. While this could've been (though not probable) a small update.

4. Chrisg2014 thread starter macrumors regular

Just realized that there was no final cut 8 or 9 so they might just drop the numbers and call the rest x or give them names like Mac Os X but it would be kind of stupid. I don't know. haha

5. Blackberryroid macrumors 6502a

Blackberryroid

I hope it goes like this:

Final Cut Pro X 10.2 Jaguar
    Final Cut Pro X 10.3 Panther
    Final Cut Pro X 10.4 Tiger
    Final Cut Pro X 10.5 Leopard
    Final Cut Pro X 10.6 Snow Leopard
    Final Cut Pro X 10.7 Lion
    Final Cut Pro X 10.8 Mountain Lion

It's almost like reliving the old times, except it's just the name. But still, that would be nice.

----------

I just suddenly realized that Maflynn always replies on threads with unusual and trolling-like thread titles.

6. Chrisg2014 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not trolling. I just don't see that much stuff about it and wonder if other people have... Also like I said, they said in summer and summer is almost over so where is it?

7. Blackberryroid macrumors 6502a

Blackberryroid

Yeah, I know that. And Maflynn too. But the thing is, *no offense*, when someone makes a thread with a title "AHH! FINAL CUT PRO IS COMING SOON!!!", it sounds like something that belongs to wasteland. She/He checked if the thread is staying or not. And since she/he checked it, he/she might as well make a post.

Maflynn, are you a male or a female? It's hard to say he/she all the time.

8. tjwaido macrumors member

I have been anxiously waiting too, but I would like a lot more than just a dual viewer upgrade. I have a whole laundry list that I want addressed. I doubt the FCPX team will even fix a fourth of what I want changed.

9. Chrisg2014 thread starter macrumors regular

I doubt they will change anything any time soon...

10. DesterWallaboo macrumors 6502

DesterWallaboo

I'm pretty sure that Apple has moved away completely from the pro market in this arena. Which is a real bummer. We've been using FCP in our studio since FCP3... so we're really unhappy that Apple, more or less, gave the pro video world the finger.