AHHH! Parallels HELP Please!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jbussiere, Jan 20, 2009.

1. jbussiere macrumors member

I'm getting frustrated, I downloaded the parallels trial, and am trying to get it to work. I already have installed Vista via bootcamp....is there a tutorial on how to make paralllels work with that partition? I have been trying, but it's all screwy and slow, and coherence won't even click, like it's all greyed out, and it keeps saying I need to configure manually using some disc. AHHHH, is there a tutorial? or can someone guide me through it?

2. willjax macrumors member

why dont you just remove bootcamp and then install windows via parallels instead of trying to sync it with the bootcamp partition

3. I'm a Mac macrumors 6502

You need to do custom installation and choose "boot camp" as the option. If you didn't do this, delete the VM and try again.

4. checkflag macrumors member

checkflag

Im reviving this thread.

I am getting pissed with parallels. I have tried to do this both aforementioned ways.

I prefer to sync it.. I go to configure but the "+" button is grey. Won't let me
    add the bootcamp.

tried to create a new VM via custom, but it freezes when it asks for me to re-validate windows within 3 days.

Damned no matter what I try. I figure there must be a way to activate the "+"
    button so I can at least get it to sync. I dont really want to mess with a new VM.

5. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

6. checkflag macrumors member

checkflag

how do I get the apple updater.. or bootcamp running on the parallels.. it doesnt work no matter what!!!!