AHHH please help me !!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SlyBoy, Jan 21, 2014.

1. SlyBoy macrumors newbie

Ok here is the deal i accidentally put our company training video into our mac, but it didn't run, now when i put it into windows it doesn't work, everything formatted to flash or whatever. but the ones i didn't put into the mac work perfectly (duh right?)

can someone please help me revert it back to the way it was?

please tell me what to do!

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

First, what is the file format? You can find out by right clicking the file on the Mac and choosing " info". When you have the file extension, post it back and we can go from there.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

When you say you accidentally put it on your Mac. Where did it come from, what format are you using. Does it still exist on the source device?

4. SlyBoy thread starter macrumors newbie

well it's a bunch of files, it's on a disk with an auto run function, but it is still a .exe format. though it has a flash icon after i tried to run it on mac. but it can't run on windows even though it is a .exe file

just a heads up I am not very good at computers so please bear with me lol

----------

should i run the compatibility test?

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Can you post the full file name and most importantly, the application it was created with....BTW exe files won't run on a Mac under OSX just Windows. Sounds to me like you need to find the programme or app that made these files and stitched them together.

6. SlyBoy thread starter macrumors newbie

yea i believe your right, but it's ok now i fixed the problem, i got 2 free disks from the company to replace the ones i messed up for free lol