AHHH! Too many passwords!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by a.smelgus1, Jul 21, 2008.

1. a.smelgus1 macrumors newbie

When i startup my iMac i get a dialog saying that it needs me to enter my keycahain password, which i don't know. I tried my current passwrod, along with my 2 older ones, and none worked, so i just pressed cancel twice, and it was done. This has continued to happen whenever i log into my computer.

Then, i go to mail, and it asks me for my mail accounts password. I enter it, and check the box that says remeber this password in my keychain. I check my mail, and leave. I come back about an hour later and it's asking me for my passwords again, i re-enter them, re-check the box, and it gets my mail. I go to preferences and enter my passwords under the accounts tab, and save it. I go back 5 min. later, and it's asking for them again. Has anybody encountered this problem?

p.s. I also used to get keychain windows for safari, but i solved that by clicking off some auto fill bottom, if thats relevant

2. boast macrumors 65816

boast

happens to me sometimes in mail. i just restart the progy

3. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

My guess is that because you didn't enter your keychain password correctly, that your mail password cannot be saved in your keychain, hence why it keeps asking for your mail password.

I could be wrong however.