ahhhh iphone crisis!!! :(

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mikeee, Apr 11, 2011.

1. mikeee macrumors regular

okay so about two days ago my iphone 4's power/sleep button just totally jammed up and now its pushed all the way down and the button no longer works, so i been using the app quicklock since, the issue is i want this problem to get fixed! but im unlocked on 1.59.00 baseband and 4.1 firmware, what are my options? replace it through apple and take the lost and get a brand new iphone with the latest firmware and baseband .... or pay someone to replace the broken power button?? ....or learn to live with a non-operating power button. this is my only phone and i'm on t-mobile and i would love to be able to continue using my iphone 4 with t-mobile. who knows when a legit unlock for the latest baseband will be out :( *sad*

2. jdminpdx macrumors 6502

If it's that important to you then take it to someone who can repair it. Easy.

3. Krad3130, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011

Krad3130 macrumors regular

Krad3130

Activator

You could use activator to set up a different way to lock/unlock your phone if you didn't want to pay someone to fix it. Activator is pretty cool. I use it to quickly turn off my tethering/Bluetooth/wifi and other things.

You could technically use your home button for everything. You can make it where you do a short press and hold of the home button to lock and unlock your phone. You could shake to lock and unlock, swipe, pinch or pull on the springboard...the list goes on.

I would probably just do that if I didn't have the money for a fix.

4. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

I'd likely fix it myself but not for everyone. Take it to canada or mexico to get swapped and get an unlocked phone? That probably wont work..

5. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

This is a cool idea but unfortunately it doesn't work like that. If you get your locked iPhone replaced in Canada the second you take that new iPhone and sync it with iTunes to activate it, it will go back to being locked down to whichever carrier you are on.

Sucks! :(

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You really need that power button. If you find yourself in a situation where you have to jb/unlock again, you can't do it without your power button. People have had some luck with the turbo sim, no matter the bb. You'll have to investigate and decide if you can live with its limitations.

Please don't post this sort of misinformation. If the op got a factory unlocked phone from the apple store in Canada, it will never lock up.

7. cobaltrich27 macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

Not sure if I would try the Mexico route at this point in time:eek:

8. mikeee thread starter macrumors regular

okay so i had the guts to dissect my iphone and i saw that the issue wasn't that the power cable is ripped or anything, the function on the cable for the power button works, so it has to do with how the power button is sitting now on top of the function cable, so im wondering what this is and where might this go since it's a part of the power button, im guessing it has to do with how the power button will stay up and get stucked or jammed down.

[​IMG]

anyone replaced these before and know where the hook goes?

9. nukem170 macrumors member

10. mikeee thread starter macrumors regular

no, i have opened it already, i just need to know how to put on the power button, because i believe the hook thats on the button has to do with the button sinking down and not staying up and "clicking" when you press down on the button, do you know where the hook goes on the power button goes? i have highlighted it in the picture above.