AHHHHHH. 15" Unibody macbook pro won't turn on :(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by watermelon, May 12, 2009.

1. watermelon macrumors regular

I spilt a little water on my desk, and a little of it flowed towards my macbook pro, but it was really a negligible amount. Of course the spill had to be on the side of my laptop where all the ports are. So, I go to turn on my macbook pro. I press the power button. Nothing happens. I check the battery. 1/2 power. I plug it in. The green light comes on, but instead of turning to orange to show that it is charging, it stays green (1/2 battery power!!). So I figure whatever, and I let it sit for an hour upside down, battery out, fan blowing on it. Then i try to turn it on, but it still doesn't work. However, this time, the green light turns orange to show it is charging. Right now, its sitting upside down airing out again.

Blah. Any possible tips at this time?

I have mine with an ssd, so if my laptop decides to be an ass and not work, could I just put the ssd into my other 17" mbp and then time machine the files and stuff off?

Thank youuuuuuu.

2. UniPro macrumors regular

UniPro

Well first off try searching for your problem before you post. There's been at least 7 of these topics in the last week. Secondly, let it air out for more than just an hour try a day or two.

Third, a good idea is to put it in uncooked rice which will soak up the moisture but won't damage the insides of your unibody, just make sure to remove all the bits from your superdrive once your done.

3. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

Sounds like more than a little water...

I would tear the whole thing apart using an iFixit.com guide. Make sure all dry and let air out for a full week. Sounds ridiculous but works miracles for most. Don't get in a hurry or you may end up ruining it. Put back together in a week and pray!

4. watermelon thread starter macrumors regular