Ahhhhhhhhhhh Water Damage!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Transblam32, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Transblam32 macrumors newbie

First off, hello this is my first time on this website!!

Hope you can help!

My Iphone 3g just happened to fall in a pool....And i tested the motherboard and it works fine in another phone!!! what else in the phone would stop it from completely booting up while charging? The apple symbol comes on then goes off after 30 seconds. The charging port i already replaced. Could it be the battery?? Or the Headphone Jack??

2. Transblam32 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

I fix alot of water damaged iPhones. I hope you dried your motherboard real good before putting it in another phone. if you replaced the dock connector the only other part would yes be the battery. make sure you clean the board with alcohol real good before putting it back in.

4. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

You didn't try to turn it on right after you pulled it out of the pool, did you?

5. Transblam32 thread starter macrumors newbie

The motherboard was completely dried out for about 2 weeks. When i put it in a new phone it powered up and functioned 100% how it was before it even touched the water. I ordered the battery; and the dock connector is already installed. My only question is why would the phone when it is connected to the charger only allow the apple symbol to come on and not completely boot. I thought that would over ride the battery..? Thank you