Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brians.account

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2005
alright, so brian wants to burn a cd on the ibook that he has neglected to use for burning. he goes to the cupboard and gets a Sony CD-R 700MB "Supreme" Disc. he puts it in his ibook aaaand...

You have inserted a disk containing no volumes Mac OS X can read. To continue with the disk inserted, click Ignore or Eject.

I try different cd's from the same pack...same thing.
I try the discs on my family's iMac g5, same thing.

I'm running 10.3.9
imac's running 10.4.?

are there such thing as blank disks that are incompatible with os x?
thanks,
-brian

randas

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2005
strange, ive never had that. Just try get some diffrent cds and try those.

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
I have had past experiences with various brands of disks and some just don't work well in Macs....I have NO idea why. I wish I could remember the ones that didn't work for me and tell you. Oh well...I would just try a different brand.;)

brians.account

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2005
i tried one from my brother's newer pack of the same brand and they worked, maybe the other pack was messed up somehow. thanks for the help!

thequicksilver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2004
Birmingham
I'm pleased you mention this, because I've had this with a couple of my own DVD-Rs. They haven't worked in my iBook's slot loading drives, producing the same message you got.

But they work fine in my external firewire DVD drive. I have no idea why, but one thing's for sure - I'm putting that data onto another DVD sharpish so I don't lose it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.