AIM 1.1... not working?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bluedoggiant, Mar 5, 2009.

1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

I downloaded AIM 1.1 for mac (http://www.aim.com/get_aim/mac/latest_macosx.adp)

I must say, its really cool, its nice to see AIM on mac with a leopard like interface (and hearing those IM sounds for the first time in years).

Well, I have had a .Mac account for a year now, through the MobileMe service. I can log onto my .Mac and Mobileme accounts (@mac.com, @me.com) just fine, but my normal AIM account, that I use, will not sign in. I tried adding the @aim.com and even @aol.com to the end and it won't work, just my .Mac and MobileMe. has anyone else have this problem?

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Don't use aim. Just use built in iChat. Even better is Adium.

3. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

I forgot that AOL was even still working on AIM for Mac. (Even though this new version is basically iChat with AIM sounds.)

4. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

I have both iChat and adium

but my question lies as to why my AIM account will not sign in, and my .Mac and MobileMe will.

5. MacGnG macrumors member

MacGnG

the new aim for osx is pretty good, they still have a few kinks to work out but i like it.

edit: a BIG upgrade from the old hacked version 4.3 or whatever it was.

file transfers work, really just buddy icon problems that need to be worked out, but u can work around that with an old buddy icon

6. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

can you sign on normally? with your AIM i mean?