AIM app bug who to contact?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kleo, Aug 23, 2008.

1. kleo macrumors regular

Its so annoying how during auto correct of words the AIM app blocks the top row of letters during typing. I finally decided to figure out what the problem was and took some screen shots to demonstrate the problem and how apple (and now AIM, should fix it). The problem is I cant find anywhere on the iPhone AIM website to email the developer with this problem and solution.

Here is a screen shot from the AIM app demonstrating how the auto correct dialog box blocks some of the top keys and does not allow me to hit the "i" for the world "design". The green box represents the hit area for the auto correct box and the red slash represents the letters it blocks during typing.

[​IMG]

Here is another screen shot from the IM app that Apple wrote. Notice how the auto correct box is above the word not below like on the AIM app.

[​IMG]

All AIM has to do is move the auto correct dialogue box from below the words to above. Can someone please help in contacting AIM over this bug. With some publicity and luck maybe they will fix this annoyance.

2. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I hate this bug with a passion. I've contacted AOL about it though. I just went to their website and submitted a bug report.

Maybe you should block that phone number from showing. Who's phone is that?

3. kleo thread starter macrumors regular

Its ATT's phone number from the "OMG UPDATE TO 2.0.2 FIRMWARE IM" you can spam them all you want :)

4. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

What's your AIM name?... You seem like someone I could talk to