AIM issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Primejimbo, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I haven't found anything on this, but when I use AIM it will just close out and when I do log off myself, sometimes I have to "force quit" so it does shut down and it will give me "send the issue to Apple". What can be the problem? anyone else have this problem? Thanks

2. Sirobin macrumors 6502

Sirobin

No idea what the problem could be, but what application are you using? If it's the official AIM one, get rid of it, and try Adium. See if it works better.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Have you tried repairing permissions? I have had similar problems with apps and they were either fixed by repairing permissions or removing the app and reinstalling.

TEG

4. Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040

I did remove it and reinstalled it and still the same. How do do I repair the permissions?

5. Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040

So far is not bad, but I have 2 screen names (1 I use for work) and I can't seem to switch screen names fast.

6. rolex54 macrumors 6502

the aim app hasn't been updated in over 3 years, its not compatible with tiger or leopard. It will continue to crash periodically and there is nothing you can do. use ichat or adium, they are both much better than that crappy app

7. KC2 macrumors regular

8. Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040