AIM Mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bt1988, Sep 22, 2007.

1. bt1988 macrumors member

How do you sign into Aim mobile on your phone? (not an iChat client) I can't find a way to do it, but my friend who also has an iphone is on it. I have unlimited texts so Its easier for me than logging onto a client. Thanks

2. sanford macrumors 65816

Still you should check out iphone.mundu.com. Supports all the majors, doesn't rely on texts, and is a pretty decent IM interface. Free, too.

3. SummerBreeze macrumors 6502a

SummerBreeze

You can also check out meebo, which supports AIM, MSN, Google, Yahoo and Meebo client.

4. sanford macrumors 65816

Which is nicer Mundu or meebo?

5. bt1988 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies. I like the iChat-like clients, but I like to be able to receive the messages whenever, not just when I'm signed on and on safari.

6. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

http://iphone.beejive.com

You can set it to up to 2 hours before you get disconnected when you are not in safari or the phone is off. You don't get any notification that you have an IM but when you go back to the app it will show you all the messages that you received.

7. 4ndr3w macrumors regular

8. SummerBreeze macrumors 6502a

SummerBreeze

I don't know much about Mundu, but the cool thing about Meebo is that you can use it everywhere: your home computer, your friend's computer, *cough*at work*cough*. You can save your chat transcripts, and keep all your settings in one place. Plus, it has a very pretty interface.

I say it's worth trying them all out and seeing which one works the best for you.

9. sanford macrumors 65816

Will do. I'm fond of the Mundu guys because I have a special character in my .mac name and it wouldn't let me login to AIM with it. They fixed it in about 36 hours and e-mailed me to let me know. But I'll try meebo for sure.

10. sanford macrumors 65816