AIM on the touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Johnbmx26, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Johnbmx26 macrumors newbie

Hey,
    What do you guys use and what is the most reliable?
    I used Meebo but I was getting disconnected like every 10 minutes.
    I'm also using Jivetalk.. although I'm not getting disconnected as often, I don't think I'm getting all the messages people are sending me.

I have a few questions:

- Is it possible to keep one of the Mobile IM services online, so I could put it to sleep, surf another website, or watch a movie without getting disconnected?

- On Jivetalk, I kept AIM on my computer as well is the ipod touch.. usually when AIM is connected to two computeres on the same screen name, both get all the messages. When doing this with one comptuer and my touch, it seemed like only some were going to the computer and some were going to the touch. Other times, it will go to both.. (this only happens on Jivetalk. The little time I stay connected to Meebo, it works the way 2 computers do)

John

2. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

well i havn't recieved my ipod touch yet, but i have looked at these threads for a while...and other topics say that FlickIM works on the touch...just go to flickim.com on you ipod and it should work from there

3. jmack549 macrumors 6502

FlickIM has a terrible interface. Beejive is far superior.

4. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

Meebo has a personalized setting for the iphone. It works well.

5. ItouchMe macrumors regular

ItouchMe

iphone.beejive.com is far superior to flick IM. Bee jive shows you away messages and the interface is much better

6. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

7. Rickity Rick macrumors member

is FlickIM free?

8. aethelbert macrumors 601

It's posts like these that I hate. If you think that it's so easy to hack, then why don't you hack it for us? Be thankful that people are actually working on it and willing to share their findings.