AIM won't sign off!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by dontwalkhand, Jul 5, 2009.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I have AIM installed on my iPhone 3G, and it won't "Sign Off"...I hit the sign off button, and I am still getting Push Notification IMs.

I open the app only to find out I am still signed in. I do not want to turn off push, but I do want privacy when I need it...also turning off push will still show me as signed in on other people's buddy lists.

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Same problem with me.

Heck, I even tried to sign off and stay in the app, I saw the sign switch to "Sign In"

3. Scorch07 macrumors 6502

I've noticed mine doesn't seem to want to sign off if I have unread messages. Otherwise it's fine.

4. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

Have you tried changing in preferences to sign off immediately, when exiting.

5. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

6. WeatherGuy macrumors member

I had the same problem. What you have to do is go to AIM.com and delete your phone number from AOL's server and change your preferences. There should be a section on mobile once you log in. You'll see the settings there. It takes about 24 hours for it to be updated, but that will fix the problem. That's the reason I don't use the AIM app for push notifications on im. I used BeeJive. Much better and I don't have the same problem. When I sign off in that app, you're actually signed off.

7. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

Your a mad man lol...simply Genius!

8. sfelix macrumors newbie

had the same problem until...

To Stop all Instant Messages coming to your Cell Phone

To adjust your settings:
    1. Go to http://aolmobile.com/stop.
    2. In the Enter Mobile Number: box, type your 10-digit mobile number, and then click the Next button.

should work.

9. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Go to the settings within the AIM application. There is an option to toggle "sign off immediately"; sign off after 5 min, sign off after 10 min etc.

Select immediately to quit when you exit the app, or choose whatever option you want.

10. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816