Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
I am so frustrated.. aim is a pos.. lately... anytime i log ønto aim.. about 30 seconds after i sign on.. i get kicked off.. and i get the error asking me if i want to reopen.. i have tried reinstalling several times.. setting the settings to default.. but no luck..
I would use ichat or adium, but i never can get those to work for direct connections with my friends that use aim.. so what is wrong with aim??

mrzeve

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2005
Use spotlight to search for any files relating to aim, including temp files and settings. Delete them and then reinstall. Worked for me.

Go get Adium ;)

tkidBOSTON

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2005
The Hub of the Universe
jer446 said:
I am so frustrated.. aim is a pos.. lately... anytime i log ønto aim.. about 30 seconds after i sign on.. i get kicked off.. and i get the error asking me if i want to reopen.. i have tried reinstalling several times.. setting the settings to default.. but no luck..
I would use ichat or adium, but i never can get those to work for direct connections with my friends that use aim.. so what is wrong with aim??

I am having the same problem with my dell at work. Only when I try to sign back on to AIM I get an error saying I am trying to sign on again too soon. The only remedy is to exit and try again in 15min.

Things like this make me appreciate my Macs and iChat. :)

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
as i said though, i would gladly use ichat or adium, but the connect feature never seems to work.. if my friend wants to send me a file quickly.. i never can connect.. anyone know why?

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
jer446 said:
as i said though, i would gladly use ichat or adium, but the connect feature never seems to work.. if my friend wants to send me a file quickly.. i never can connect.. anyone know why?

Weird, I never have any issues with AIM (iChat) at home, or AIM on my PC at work....

Maybe you need to open a port in your firewall for iChat to work properly...not sure....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.