Ain't I special (AppleCare 3 year warranty????)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ipadfever, May 17, 2012.

1. Ipadfever, May 17, 2012
    Last edited: May 17, 2012

Ipadfever macrumors 6502

Ipadfever

3 year warranty????

This was an email I got just recently from apple concerning my AppleCare+ and how to deal with it for the brand new iPad they sent out to me to replace my half tinted iPad

Dear (took out my name)

Thank you for contacting AppleCare.

The tracking number I have on record indicates the iPad was delivered on May 10, 2012. I would like confirmation that you have received the product and are satisfied with it.

Regarding the AppleCare Protection Plan that is attached to the original product, you have two options: (1) request that the AppleCare Protection Plan be transferred to the new product, or (2) request that the original agreement be canceled to receive a pro rata refund of the original purchase price. *When transferring, the agreement retains its expiration date (three years from the purchase date of the original product). *If you purchase a new AppleCare Protection Plan for the replacement product, it would expire three years from the shipping date of the new product. *Please follow the instructions at the bottom of this email to request that the AppleCare Protection Plan be transferred or canceled.

For information on complimentary support included with this product, see http://www.apple.com/support/complimentary/ . *If you would like to purchase an AppleCare Protection Plan for your new product, please reply to this email and designate a time between 08:00 and 17:00 CST, Monday thru Friday, and I will contact you to complete the transaction. *For security reasons, I am unable to take a credit card via email.

2. Jessemtz25 macrumors regular

Jessemtz25

3. Ipadfever thread starter macrumors 6502

Ipadfever

I am pretty sure it's a mistake just waiting for an email reply from apple

4. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

Looks like they accidentally sent out the Mac Applecare agreement wording.