Aiport Express disconnecting all the time

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ljjanson, May 29, 2010.

1. ljjanson macrumors newbie

Hi! I am using an Airport Express to connect to my wireless router to play music from Itunes to my speakers. The problem is that my airport express keep disconnecting. Every morning or when I get home it is flashing orange and I need to replug it to the socket and wait for airport to find it. I play music and minutes later is goes orange again and the music stops. I am 5 feet away from the router and no phones or microwaves running. I am living in an apartment. Can I change channel or do you guys have any ideas, as of right now it is useless.

Many thanks!

2. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

Yes, you can change channel. Change the router. Do you have a wireless-capable computer so you can figure out what channels are in use nearby?

3. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

hmm i guess it could be interference from channels, that is definitely worth a try. if that doesnt work chime back in and we can go from there ;)

4. ljjanson thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, but how do i change the channel? I don't even have that option and I do need o have the same channel on my wireless router yes? How do I know which one to set it on?

5. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

follow from left to right :D

on the first picture, click where it says "channel" and it takes u to the 2nd image :)

Attached Files: