Aiport Extreme "No DNS Servers" error message

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cwg1918, Mar 16, 2008.

1. cwg1918 macrumors newbie

I have a powerbook running leopard. I have comcast digital cable with a motorola surfboard cable modem. the modem is connected to an airport extreme (802.11n) via an ethernet cable.

last night the battery ran all the way down on my laptop, and when i plugged in my power adapter and restarted the computer, i could no longer access the internet via my wireless network. (i can go online via my neighbors unsecured network, however.) today i have reset the airport, reset the modem, left everything unplugged for half an hour, etc, etc, and no matter what i do, airport utility keeps telling me that there are no dns servers, and i cant connect to the internet wirelessly. i have manually entered dns servers - comcast servers, open dns servers, etc - and NOTHING is working!

help, please!

thanks.
    cg

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Try this on

Reboot the modem and wait 3 to 5mins leaving it on then reboot the AEBS. If that doesn't work try doing a factory reset on the AEBS. I think it has a reset button on the back of the unit. Also what color light is on the front of the AEBS (Blinking yellow or solid green)