Aiport Utility 5.6.1 in Mavericks

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by filipposo, Jan 27, 2015.

1. filipposo macrumors newbie

Hi, I thought I had solved the problem of not seeing my old airport express bases by downloading the apple script to run the airport utility 5.6.1 in Mavericks.

Now I find that I just can see the airport extreme, but if I want to edit the settings of the airport express to add it to the current existing Wifi network it keeps opening the new airport utility whenever I choose the airport express from the Wifi menu.

Could someone help me to see an edit them in the old airport utility? I'm trying to expand the my network by adding two old airport express base.

Thx!!

2. Porco macrumors 68030

Porco

Can't you just open 5.6.1 via Spotlight, or else locate the app wherever it's installed (usually Applications > Utilities)? (Assuming it's installed!!)

3. filipposo thread starter macrumors newbie

Sure Porco, I can open the app. But once I've opened it I can't get to edit the airports. In fact the airport express doesn't appear on the left.

Whenever I choose one of them from the wifi menu on the top of the desktop, it launches the new utility, that's where my problem is, maybe a solution could be avoiding the OS to open 6.3?