air 13 (late 2010) and lion 10.7.2 - battery problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by BIS, Oct 29, 2011.

1. BIS macrumors newbie

2 month ago, when i was bought MacBook Air 13, battery discharges after 5-6 hours. Day by day i working, installing new software ect
    Now battery runs not more than 2 hours.

Whats wrong ?

And once more problem: first month, air turn on fans only when i started hard application, like games or graphics apps. No it sounds forever - if i only browsing internet - fans forever running.

I checked startup applications - its empty. Only 1 software running.

Where to serch problem ?

Sorry for worth english - it was just russian school :)

Thanks al in advance.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Read the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Blame Lion. I went back to SL as my battery life dropped to by more than 50%. Now it's back to 6-7 hours.

4. BIS thread starter macrumors newbie

do you realy think, that is the problem of all macbook changed previous OS to Lion ?
    I never read about this. I thin if it is tru - all the forums and media crying and screaming about this sux, like now all speaks about Iphone 4s fast discharges and like problem about bad quality of Iphone 4 connection (antennas)

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Tests have shown that Lion reduced the battery life of C2D Macs: http://www.anandtech.com/show/4485/back-to-the-mac-os-x-107-lion-review/24

6. BIS thread starter macrumors newbie

7. calvol macrumors 6502a

Check out the Lion forum, lots of battery life threads there. Lion is Mac's Vista- resource hog.

8. BIS thread starter macrumors newbie