Air 2 and Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by IBMJunkman, Oct 30, 2015.

1. IBMJunkman macrumors member

IBMJunkman

I have an Air 2. I plan to order a Pro as soon as I can. I assume I can backup the Air 2 and restore to the Pro just like I did from the Air to Air2. But this time I just may keep the Air 2.

So, can I continue to use both devices with the same set of credentials? I know any pic or doc I save on one device will not be on the other.

2. snow755 macrumors 6502a

snow755

its all ways better too set up your ipad pro has new so that way you dont get any bugs from your ipad air 2 on too your ipad pro

3. IBMJunkman thread starter macrumors member

IBMJunkman

What, Apple software has bugs? :)

I just don't look forward to setting up passwords and shortcuts for the 20+ forums I visit. Plus the iCloud and GDrive accounts and 10 email accounts. Setting the incoming and outgoing servers 10 times is not fun.

4. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I backed up my mini 4 from my air 2 I'm sure it will be fine

5. Krevnik macrumors 68040

Krevnik

1Password, LastPass, iCloud Keychain for passwords. (IMO)

That said, if there's a lot of accounts to setup in settings, yeah, a restore from backup might be nice.

6. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Don't listen to that advice. There is absolutely no proof to the statement made.

7. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

Passwords can be done with iCloud Keychain, and everything can be done by using an iCloud backup.

8. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

good thread.

so just to confirm (as good as anyone can...)

I have a load of apps and on-going data on my ipad2 which i want duplicated (or moved) on my new Pro. Hopefully a regular restore from backup will facilitate this? ie, my regular diary, contacts, addresses etc etc. i dont yet use icloud, just regular hard drive backups.

9. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

Yes an encrypted backup with iTunes and restoring from that backup will transfer all your data.

10. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

Thank you, most reassuring :)

11. Genkakuzai macrumors regular

1Password is awesome. I use it on my 6S Plus, Air 2, iMac and MacBook Pro. All works brilliantly.

12. artfossil macrumors 6502

artfossil

One nice thing about restoring from your backup to a new iPad (and yes, be sure to do an encrypted one so passwords are saved) is that the "cruft" taking up space under Other will not be transferred.

Enjoy your iPad Pro! I can't wait to hear from users.

13. MarcoCapa macrumors regular

I'm also going to buy the pro in addition to air 2, but I'm not sure about the size and the cellular option ( hope in your help)
    For your new pro I suggest to set as new... For the password there is iCloud Keychain and for the apps I have the impression that the use will be different from your regular iPad...