Air 2 and Smart Cover Autolock

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by scouser75, Jan 2, 2015.

1. scouser75 macrumors 6502a

Guys, I have an Air 2 with an Apple Smart Cover. So when I open the cover the iPad screen comes on. And when I close it the screen goes off.

If I set the settings on the iPad to Autolock Never when I close the cover would my battery life still be the same as if I were to set to 2 minutes?

2. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

the battery life is the same if u close the lid every 2 minutes with it setting the auto lock to never

the magnet in the smart cover tells the iPad to go to sleep and lock, regardless of what you have specified in settings.

if your cover is not putting your iPad to sleep, it means you don't have the official apple cover that has the magnet

i am worried all these magnet experiments i am doing are damaging my gadgets!

the smart cover is still telling my iPad to go to sleep , but my radio shack bulk tape eraser didn't tell the iPad to go to sleep! wicked!

i tested it on my 6+ camera , and I'm worried i demagnetized the ring

the optical image stabilization camera buzzed like a bee, when hit with my degausser

3. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks mate.

I've been meaning to find out how this "smart" cover stuff works.

I've now set my iPad to Never autolock.