iPad Air 2 case like devicewear, only better?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by darknyt, Dec 9, 2014.

1. darknyt macrumors 6502a

So against my better judgment I thought I'd try out the Devicewear Air 2 case in blue. Had the Kavaj Hamburg case on my Air which I loved with very few reservations (border interference and keeping the cognac leather clean).

But this devicewear has a few cons going against it -

1. Stand angles - these are pretty bad - in comparing against the Kavaj Hamburg, the devicewear's shallowest angle (read: easy to see when on a desk) is the same as the steepest angle on the Kavaj.
    2. Color - the blue main folio color is nice but the plastic snap-case is inexcusably hideous. It's an ugly teal color that is in no way similar to the color shown in their own promotional images. Quality control or not, it alone makes me want to return it
    3. Magnets - don't hold well - holding the case by the spine will let the cover fall open. I"m constantly picking my case up different ways and having the cover flapping open all the time is irritating.

I'm not a big fan of the tri-fold cover cases (e.g. smart case) - those have even worse stand angle options and are wobbly to boot.

Any other options for good folio cases?

2. Orlandorealtor macrumors regular

Orlandorealtor

Devicewear.

My devicewear works ok for my air 2. Kavaj. Hamburg for iPad air 2 releases on the 11th. May have to buy one.

3. darknyt thread starter macrumors 6502a

My only issue with Air 2 version is the possibility the frame interferes with the Touch ID sensor. Right now the Air version sits ever so slightly on the home button.

Same for landscape view and trying to swipe up for control center - tough to do consistently.

4. Orlandorealtor macrumors regular

Orlandorealtor

Kovaj Hamburg

Just ordered the Kavaj Hamburg for Ipad Air 2 . Should be here next week. Will post pictures and opinion when it arrives.