Air 2 manufactured this year questions?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Skyhawk21, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Skyhawk21 macrumors regular

1. Has anyone bought an iPad Air 2 this year that was manufactured this year recently from factory, and if so does it still have the vibrating speaker issue like older models? @ Med to full volume where it shakes whole iPad?

2. Also does newly made iPad Air 2's have the problem still where you can see your fingers pressing or holding the backside through the screen making purple halo circles when holding tightly or with a firm grip?

3. Does iOS 9.3 run smoother on iPad Air 2 than previous versions, and how is battery life from full 2 day usage? (My iPad Air gets 13+ hours)

Thank you!

Wanted to get iPad Pro 2 but with 2gb ram and battery no bigger than air 2, it's going to drain the life out of its small battery with a display that always auto adjusts with multiple sensors and powerful cpu and gpu when utilized to the max.

2. d0minick macrumors 6502

I bought my air 2 last septemberish. I have not had one of the problems you mentioned. Speakers and vibration sound fine to me.

iOS 9.3 seems to run as other iOS versions did, smooth.

I am not a HEAVY ipad user, not a daily driver, but a side dish to my computing needs. Battery usually lasts me a week. So take that with a grain of what ever.

3. Tsepz macrumors 65816

Tsepz

My iPad Air 2 LTE was made this year, got it in Feb and it was running iOS 9.2.1 out the box. Speaker vibration is there but bearable. The 2nd issue is not there, I simply cannot replicate it.

4. Cakefish macrumors 6502

Cakefish

I bought a refurbished Air 2 last year in October. None of those issues here I'm happy to report.

5. Skyhawk21 thread starter macrumors regular

So how is battery life; if you installed ios 9.3?

6. Tsepz macrumors 65816

Tsepz

Pretty good in my experience.

Here is how it has done today, I am in bed now, so it's still got quite a bit of juice left
    [​IMG]

7. Booloo macrumors regular

Booloo

Every iPad Air 2 I used has these issues but like every device when it launches on here, the reports are blown way out of proportion.

The vibrating is just due to the design. Louder speakers, thinner tablet, the thing vibrates a little when it's cranked up. People that says theirs does not is because they aren't riddled with OCD and perfection from a tablet that gets upgraded every year or two.

Screen warp issue happens on two specific spots on the back when pressed abnormally hard. Again. Thin enclosure, big display, things happen when you press on it like a caveman.

Both things are non issues. Enjoy the Air 2,it's great. I've used every iPad and the only one that I would consider a real hit or miss issue was the excessive light bleed that was coming from iPad 2's.