Air 2 Price Match

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lockerc18, Sep 25, 2015.

1. lockerc18 macrumors 6502

Staples' offer of $150 off an Air 2 is about to end, and of course, most models are out of stock online. BestBuy has inventory, but no special pricing. So... would BestBuy match the Staples offers?

2. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

I don't have a definitive answer but I can tell you that when I get my iPad Air 2 two days ago from Best Buy (with the Staples price match) the guy asked me if they were in stock on Staples.com... so I'm assuming it matters

Edit: I found the answer from Best Buy's website:
    [​IMG]

3. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

Not Best Buy but I was able to have target price match staples for it. The lady in the electronics department was super cool, looked up staples website price and changed it no questions asked. I have read some people run into issues having stores price match, maybe depends on the employee you get? Targets website has a price match policy on it, not sure why some employees deny people

4. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

I hope you used the Cartwheel app and got an extra 10% off. If not take your receipt back to the customer service desk and get the difference.

5. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

I did but the lady gave me, what I think is a bs line, that I would have had to come back in with the 10% within two days of making the purchase to be able to refund the difference. Likely trying a different target this weekend

6. Pete2284 macrumors newbie

Pete2284

Best Buy price matched Staples.com for me on a 64GB LTE Air 2.

7. iKeith macrumors member

I just got my iPad Air 2 64GB from Target. They have a Cartwheel discount of 10% good through tomorrow. Fortunately, I had a friend who is an employee and I got a deeper discount through her. I ended up paying $463.

8. Mystro macrumors 6502

Mystro

Yes, that's what I did for two Air 2 models.

9. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

You could have gotten a price match from Target for the Staples sale, used the Cartwheel discount and your friend's discount and got it for less than that! :confused:

Refund, rinse and repeat!!

10. lockerc18 thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess the various stores will take their turn discounting Apple devices. Staples' $150 iPad deal expired, and now they have a $40 discount. Best Buy has a $75 discount on some of the iPads, like the 64GB Air 2 I'm thinking of getting.

To me, all this is indicative of an end of cycle product push to clear inventory ahead of a new product launch. Or, it could be just a stimulus to help sagging iPad sales, too. But maybe Apple really is clearing inventory because they are going to launch an Air 3 soon.

Or not.

Who knows? I wish I had a better crystal ball.