iPad Air 2 - struggling with new tabs opening

Discussion in 'iPad' started by UKmacman, Nov 8, 2014.

1. UKmacman, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014

UKmacman macrumors regular

bit of a strange one. Got the air 2 and it is great apart from I am really struggling opening new tabs on any browser.

I shall explain. Let's say I am on Amazon and want to view a few items. I will usually hold link and click open tab in background. I normally have no problem with this but it sometimes works in Safari on the air 2 and never on the Mercury browser or atomic browser. Both my preferred choice.

I don't have this on any other device and general responsiveness seems fine otherwise.

Anyone got any thoughts why this is?

2. UKmacman thread starter macrumors regular

3. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Yes I've been noticing this on my Air 2 as well. I mostly use Mercury browser but it happens in Safari as well. Not every time, but often when I go for the long press menu it does not trigger. Hopefully a bug that is addressed soon.

4. ApplePhy macrumors 6502

No problems here.

In fact, I had 5 tabs open on Safari yesterday. Picked up my iPad this morning, and all 5 were still open. No reloading occurred.

5. severage macrumors regular

I don't think this is the issue he is referring to.

6. ApplePhy macrumors 6502

Ah...I misread OP's post.

But still no problems opening new tabs in safari for me. can't comment on other browsers, though. I use Safari solely.

7. WashupDawg macrumors regular

I've had the same issue since iOS8. Especially marking/highlighting text has been a pain the the rear for me lately. Safari tends to select the whole paragraph instead of just the word.

I think it has something to do with Safari and iOS8. It'll probably be solved in future updates. Perhaps use Chrome until then?

8. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

I think this falls into the touch response bug that many are experiencing in iOS8.

9. UKmacman thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks all. This is good to hear as otherwise the air 2 is great. But this is a real pain as I use it for reading the news a lot and like to open all the tabs I want to view and then just read the pages. Just now I have to click and then reverse for everything. Mercury browser (my favourite) is the worst with no tabs at all. Safari is better but can still sometimes be hit and miss.