Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
By using the iPad casing, the heat is transferred to the user's hands. This means an increase in body temperature. As result, the user will spend less resources on heating up their homes. The final result is therefore decreased resource consumption.

Apple really cares about the environment.

Yep, this means the iPad Air 2 will be approved by the EPA!

ShaunAFC3

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2016
I am haveing the same heat problem on my iPad Air 2. :( :(

Thinking of taking it back to the place I bought the iPad and get it checked out and see if there anything that is causing my iPad Air 2 to heat up.

My iPad gets very hot when playing high graphics demanding games like Asphalt 8, Gangster Vegas, Beach Buggy Racing, etc. :(

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I am haveing the same heat problem on my iPad Air 2. :( :(

Thinking of taking it back to the place I bought the iPad and get it checked out and see if there anything that is causing my iPad Air 2 to heat up.

My iPad gets very hot when playing high graphics demanding games like Asphalt 8, Gangster Vegas, Beach Buggy Racing, etc. :(

Nothing wrong with your Air 2. Graphic intensive games will always heat up the iPad. It has no fans and the case is the only way it can radiate the heat. It is normal.

Reactions: ShaunAFC3

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Nothing wrong with your Air 2. Graphic intensive games will always heat up the iPad. It has no fans and the case is the only way it can radiate the heat. It is normal.
I honestly thought he was being sarcastic, lol :D

I think sometimes people expect way too much from these devices, it's partly Apples fault for their great marketing, but people have to be reasonable, what can one expect with such a thin device with no fans, and components so close to each other.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.