Air 2-will they only have 16gb?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jmdeegan, Mar 21, 2016.

1. jmdeegan macrumors member

Sorry if this was covered elsewhere, but since I've seen that the Air 2 will stay, and take the place of the Air...does anyone have any idea on if they will retire all but one storage option for the Air?

Asking, because I need to get my kids iPads for school, and since I need three of them, any price bump as is rumored for the Pro, will hurt a bit.

The Air 2 is more than adequate, but I don't want to buy them later after the event, only to find out that Apple no longer has the 64gb version, and if I want that size, I have to get the pricier Pro.

2. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

The 64GB version will not magically disappear after the event. If they are discontinued, they will still be available on their refurb site as well as most major retailers.

3. jmdeegan thread starter macrumors member

True. I should probably clarify in asking-how soon after that happens, does a cellular provider phase them out-I presume it's mostly related to stock levels, but wondering if I have days or weeks to make the decision.

Leaning toward a cellular model for the kids instead of giving them cell phones, because of things like FaceTime and iMessage, and so that I can take advantange of the payment plans.

thx

4. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Well, then wait for today's announcement and then start shopping if you feel they will become discontinued.

Personally I doubt they're going anywhere yet. The Air 1 is the most likely to be discontinued.