iPad Air 2 won't charge

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by rsnhakan, Sep 27, 2017.

1. rsnhakan macrumors regular

Hi there,

I always update my devices through iTunes. Had no problems till iOS 11 came out. My iPad Air 2 doens't charge when I plug it into a charger. The second time it charges. Does someone else have the same problem?

2. one more macrumors 6502a

one more

Yep, exactly the same story here. I plug it in, it “beeps”, but then I check it afterwards the charging indicator does not show up. So I unplug the lightning cable and replug it back, which usually starts the charging process. The problem came clearly with iOS 11, never had a problem with it before.

3. Aydy macrumors 6502

Aydy

Exactly same for me. Charger in, charging starts then immediately stops. Works ok when unplugged and plugged back in.

Thought it may be my lightning cables but glad to see others confirming it appears to be a bug

4. one more macrumors 6502a

one more

An update. It seems to work when I first plug one end of the lightning cable into an iPad and then the other USB end into the charging block, but not the other way around. Weirdness...

5. newellj macrumors 604

I think I read a post in another thread about solving similar behavior with a hard reset (the two-button power off reset, no data or settings lost). Might be worth a try (no downside).

6. rsnhakan thread starter macrumors regular

After updating to iOS 11.0.1 the problems do still occur. By plugging in first time iPad says it's charging. When you come back later and look at the screen you can see the iPad didn't charge. By replugging it starts charging.