Air 2 - Youtube App?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by midwestfisherma, Nov 24, 2014.

1. midwestfisherma macrumors 6502

midwestfisherma

On my Air 2 when playing videos in the Youtube app I noticed the video will start out playing fine and then get somewhat blurry for a couple of seconds and then correct itself. It's acting as if it doesn't have enough bandwidth to play the video properly. This has been going on for a couple of weeks.

In trouble shooting I did a speedtest on my network. I'm show 60Mbs down like normal. On the Air 2 I switched into the chrome browser and safari and went to youtube and played the same videos. The videos run fine in the different browsers. I then checked my wifes Mini 2 and played the same videos and they play fine on her Mini 2. I also went to my Mac Mini and played various videos and they played fine. I'm running 8.1.1 and have a 64 GB LTE model and the app behaves this way on wifi or cellular signal.

So, this looks to be a problem with the youtube app. I wondering if anyone else has been experiencing anything like this?

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have over 10GB of free space on this Air 2.

2. alekos macrumors newbie

you should go to apple store and tell them your problem because the problem it might be only on your ipad air 2. waiting for news. mine ipad air 2 works perfect but i have some bad sound problems when it is on full volume:apple:

3. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

I blame Google. My iPhone and iPad have done this for about a year since they updated their app for iOS 7. The way to get around it is to tap on the video while playing, then the 3 dots in the upper right corner. Select "Quality" then choose 720p. 1080 never streams right (something with the app) so I just do 720p.

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

5. nexus4life macrumors regular

Others have already said it, but I want to say it as well - it definitely is a problem with the app. I wish Google was more committed to making everything work better on iOS. I understand that iOS takes a backseat to android, but it should still be just as functional.

6. iisheep macrumors newbie

Same with my iPad mini 2. Its so annoying considering YouTube and webbrowing is what I mainly use it for. I went with iPad cause of the long lasting battery.

7. AppleMactablet macrumors regular

AppleMactablet

iPad Air 2, same issue-hopefully a bug fix soon

8. midwestfisherma thread starter macrumors 6502

midwestfisherma

After doing more testing I agree with you all. Problem is definitely with the app. Hey Google....C'Mon Man!

9. midwestfisherma, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015

midwestfisherma thread starter macrumors 6502

midwestfisherma

Yesterday I installed the 8.2 update on my Air 2. After doing so I open the youtube app and watched a few vids. I noticed that the previous mentioned issue with the app is no longer happening. It looks like 8.2 fixed it. Has anyone else noticed this?