Air 2011 battery issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by lhoffstadt, Jun 10, 2018.

1. lhoffstadt macrumors member

lhoffstadt

Hi, I want to ask some advice please regarding my laptop. I replaced the battery on my MacBook Air because the previous one was not holding a good charge. After I put the new battery the percentage on the battery information is acting weird. The laptop power off having still 15%. After I plug in the power adapter it show me 1% so the OS is not reading the correct information.

Any recommendation on how to fix this?

Thank you.
    Luis

2. nachtfrost macrumors newbie

nachtfrost

3. lhoffstadt thread starter macrumors member

lhoffstadt

Hi, thanks for your answer. I have not tried yet to reset it. Will it affect the OS if I do that? Thank you

4. Audit13 macrumors 68040

Audit13

Smc and nvram reset will not affect the os.

Have you tried calibrating the battery? Where did you get the battery?

5. Mrbobb macrumors 601

There is been latest reports that third parties batteries may not work for Macbooks, unconfirmed.

Ifixit has a blip on that, batt sold by ifixit, they are advising return for refund if it doesn't work.

6. lhoffstadt thread starter macrumors member

lhoffstadt

That was my case I bought the battery on ifixit, I will return it and get it someplace else. Probably that is the issue.

Thank you all for the help and advice.

Luis

7. BookEmDanno macrumors 6502

BookEmDanno

I have (had) some issues (not charging, inaccurate % showing, mac won't turn on if power cord is not plugged in and others,) with a replacement to my original battery on my MB Air mid 2011. The battery was third party (BRTong) purchased a year ago last month from Amazon (39 bucks).

I started to have issues about 6 months on using it. I tried SMC and PRAM resets and had the same issues. Then I tried to reset (took out the cable and placed it back in) inside the mac. After that, it works again. Currently it's showing health is 100%, condition is normal, and already have 64 charging cycles.

So FYI.

Danno