Air 2012 freezes on netflix

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by sioannou, Nov 14, 2013.

1. sioannou macrumors member

sioannou

Hello folks,

I am hoping for some input on this because it drives me crazy. So my girlfriend has an Air 2012 which came with Lion pre - installed.

The machine is working absolutely fine on every day basis , doing the common things like , heavy word processing , browsing the internet , youtube videos etc. But some times the machine freezes on netflix after 30 - 40 minutes . This does not happen every time .

What I've tried so far. I've clean installed mountain lion and upgrade to the latest version of Silverlight. I tried all the major browsers including Safari , Chrome and Firefox.

After that I've visited an Apple store where they run MRI test on it which didn't show anything. They even kept the machine for 2 days and as they told me they run some exhaustive test on it to see if there is anything wrong but still nothing wrong.

So what should be the next action I should take? Any ideas?

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Freeze as in crash, or freeze as in buffering?

3. sioannou thread starter macrumors member

sioannou

It's freeze as in crash. The only way to bring it back to workable state is a hard reset . (Pressing the power button).

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

5. sioannou thread starter macrumors member

sioannou

According to Apple, and as I've said before the genius bar said to me that they run some tests on it and everything hardware related is ok. So is there anything I can do to check the ssd ?

6. Mrbobb macrumors 601

There is an official Apple bulletin on this, and several threads on this particular forum on the subject, u will have to use the SEARCH button as I don't recall the details. Basically there are known bad 2012 SSD out there.