Air 2013 cooling

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by wt.doc rus, Jun 15, 2014.

1. wt.doc rus macrumors newbie

Hi! Established through Boot Camp Win 8.1 for games. Established World Of Tanks - FPS normally, but the temperature of the processor / graphics card rises to 100 degrees for 2-3 minutes. After a few minutes of the game at this temperature FPS drops by 1.5-2 times. Is it possible to somehow improve the cooling laptop or reduce the load on the CPU?
    Translated by Google.Translate

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Attach an hose from the air conditioning and inject cold air directly into the Mac's intake.

3. SmOgER macrumors 6502a

Well there is nothing much you can do.

CPU gets full load, then turbo boost overclocks it till it reaches 100C and after that you see slight decrease in performance as it clocks back to stock to avoid overheating. You could limit CPU usage, but then the performance would suffer obviously.

EDIT: You mean the FPS divides by 2? At first I thought you mean it decreases by 2FPS...

Well if that's the case it means the cooler can't handle the load even at stock clock so it underclocks/throttles significantly under that. Are you sure you are not covering the vents?

4. wt.doc rus thread starter macrumors newbie

All holes are open, a new laptop - just do not have time to hide. I think I can drill a few holes for improving circulation?

----------

Not understand - bad translation =)

5. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

Do not drill holes in your computer. Airflow through the chassis has been designed by engineers who get paid to do so. The MBA is not a gaming laptop, IMNSHO.

6. SmOgER macrumors 6502a

Attached Files:

7. wt.doc rus thread starter macrumors newbie

The force with which you blows at maximum rpm cooler? I almost felt a hand .. May need a different angle to keep? (I open completely to the bottom)