Air bubbles on macbook white 2009 screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by josephdaniel, Mar 10, 2009.

1. josephdaniel macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've just acquired my first apple macbook. It's the new 2009 macbook white. Since the first day I got it I noticed two or three air bubbles in the glossy layer of the screen. I tried rubbing them but it made no difference. They didn't bother me so much so I just ignored them. Today, after 7 days have passed, I noticed that these bubbles have increased to about 6 or 7. One of them is very obvious that I can even notice it while the computer is running at full brightness. Photos of the bubbles with the screen turned off are at the end of this post (red circles around the bubbles).

So, is there any way I can get rid of these bubbles or at least guarantee that they will not increase? My problem is as follows: this macbook was brought to me by a relative from the US. If this can't be solved then I will have to send it back with him.

Please tell me what you think I should try to solve it or if you think I should send it back.

Thanks in advance.
    Joseph

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. stabile007 macrumors regular

stabile007

If there is no protective film over the screen or anything then I would highly recommend you send it to get replaced by Apple. Bubbles on the screen is not normal, and in fact a bad thing if thats the LCD. I can honestly say I never heard of such an issue but if it has gotten worse over time then there is no way it can be guaranteed it won't get worse later

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Take it back right away. That shouldn't happen at all.

4. Pixellated macrumors 65816

If you have a local Apple store you can take it in there and they will fix it for you. If not, call 1800-MY-APPLE and they will be happy to sort everything out for you :)