air bubbles under screen, will they replace under warranty?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spinedoc77, May 12, 2010.

1. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

I have a 32gb iphone 3gs that is still under warranty until 6/10. I've have 2 fairly large air bubbles and some dust that's caught under the screen for some time, but I haven't had the time to go get them looked at. Otherwise the phone is in perfect shape, no scratches or anything.

Just curious before I waste a trip to the Apple store where I bought it, will they replace it under warranty for this?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Sure, why not. The only reason they wouldn't is if it was apparent this was caused by external damage (dropping, water, etc.).

3. rkswat macrumors regular

I wouldn't leave the store until it is replaced. Dust under screen is a well known issue. Check your case, I bet you have some cracks too.

4. spinedoc77 thread starter macrumors G3

spinedoc77

TY guys, I'll take it by the store and have them check it out.

5. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

I managed to somehow get a very small speck of dust under the screen and took it to my local Apple Store. Wasn't sure what they'd do but they quickly replaced the screen for me under warranty...no problem at all.

6. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

So if it's just a small speck they'll clean the glass? I don't need a new phone I just want this piece of dust out that's driving me nuts. Sometimes I can't see it but I know it's there and it just irks me.