Air by Crazybaby: cheaper AirPods alternative

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sweejin, Nov 10, 2016.

1. sweejin macrumors member

Hey all, I saw this on Indiegogo, and wonder if anyone else here have backed/seen it. IMHO, those earbuds look like the AirPods that should have been. It's by a Chinese startup called Crazybaby.

I'm not a fan off of the AirPods design, with skinny legs sticking hanging down, and the price is a tad high. The Air earbuds are cheaper, and I like the option of two colours. I thought I'd share with the rest for those who wants to take advantage of their early bird discount and free worldwide shipping. :)

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/air-acoustically-stunning-wireless-headphones-audio--2#/

2. clerkpalmer macrumors member

I backed them. The form factor is what sold me. Hoping audio quality is better than the current options.

3. sweejin thread starter macrumors member

Likewise. The other feature that appealed to me is the IPX6; planning to use it at gym and intense outdoor workouts, so needs to be sweat proof.

I may get the lava orange colour if they have enough backers to reach $1.5 million. :)

4. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Huh, pretty nice. I like the design, different tips, and sweatproof-ness.

3hr battery life is meh and I wonder how long it takes to recharge.

Pretty darn cool though

Edit: answered my own question. 2hrs

5. CoriG macrumors 6502

FYI - they have extended the release to April 2017. I pulled out of it and ended up buying the Jabra Sport Elites - they are more expensive but awesome.

6. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

How's the sound quality?

7. chriscrowlee macrumors 65816

chriscrowlee

Any rechargeable earbuds\headphones that can't make it 5.5 hours on a transcon flight aren't worth anything. It's 2016.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 2, 2016 ---
    2 hours? What a joke. They won't even last you a flight from LAX to Denver, not even factoring in to the airport or while waiting for the flight.

Garbage. I wonder if Johnny Ive is a design consultant on these. Pretty, but not practical for what a user wants.

8. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Just got mine.
    Quality, comfort and sound are all excellent.
    The packaging is almost a clone of the Apple Pencil packaging: molded plastic tray to hold the item and then little cardboard sleeves to hold the paperwork and the accessories.
    Too early to tell anything about battery life.

9. Ralfi macrumors 6502a

Ralfi

These do seem good. Hope they meet your expectations.

It's great that more completely wireless bluetooth earbuds are being released. This market should explode now.

One thing though, for me, if the case isn't small enough to be a practical, mobile accessory, then I'll pass on the earbuds.

After the Airpods, it's gotto be the complete package for me.