iPad Air CD Holder

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Robster3, May 19, 2014.

1. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Anyone recommend a good CD holder for iPad air? I use a exomount for my phone but they only have the suction cup version for iPad air.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

CD holder? What? iPads don't play CDs... does CD stand for something else?
    :confused:

3. JackieInCo macrumors 601

It's a stand that inserts into the cd slot on a car stereo.

4. Ann P macrumors 68020

CD slot stand, for mounting the iPad in the car.

5. colodane macrumors 6502a

colodane

I've been very happy with a brand called "Ppyple" that I bought from Amazon for my rMini for around $35. They do have different models for various devices, so it is likely they will have something sized to fit your Air.

As you probably know, every car is different in terms of location of the CD slot and how much of the other dashboard functions will be blocked by your device. So advise doing lots of measuring and simulation in your car before making the purchase.

6. Robster3 thread starter macrumors 68000

7. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Some of the mounts there will accommodate the Air.

8. Robster3, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014

Robster3 thread starter macrumors 68000

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

10. Robster3 thread starter macrumors 68000

thanks, wonder if it will fit with a belkin snap back on the air?

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

It looks like it fits a variety of tablets, not just the iPad, so it should accommodate variations in thickness and size. However, why not just ask the seller? From what I understand, reputable eBay sellers are good at responding to questions from potential customers, and if the guy can't be bothered to answer, you probably don't want to be buying from him anyway.

12. Robster3, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014

Robster3 thread starter macrumors 68000

Ok, i did. Won't matter anyway as i only want to use it once a month when i do 4 days of 6 hour drives. Can take the cover off.

edit, got a answer within 2 minutes, they wanted to know the thickness which i said about 3mm all around and they said it should be fine.

13. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

14. Robster3 thread starter macrumors 68000

Got my Satechi today off there ebay store, 6 days from US to Australia.:) It does fit my iPad Air with the belkin back cover easily. Very happy with it.
    Also fits my S5 phone.

15. GalFriday macrumors member

You might want to have this moved to the accessories section. I'm sure there is a lot of helpful info there.

16. ron7624, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2014

ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

Yes. They work very well in my Dodge Avenger. I use it for the mini , but have mounted the Air as well. Best for horizontal use. The rubber doesn't grip well for vertical. I did solve that problem though, by glueing a piece of the sticky dash holder for phones, a couple of bucks on eBay as well. It grips when you twist it to vertical now.
    You can find the same holder, but different branded for 23 usd on eBay. They are all made in South Korea, probably at the same factory.
    But, the one you have linked to may have an additional support piece like a plastic rod, that would help in mounting something as heavy as the Air.
    Edited: sorry, the one you linked to is the one that doesn't have the plastic bar. The 35 dollar one does. Yup, I do have both and they have a different brand name but are otherwise identical.
    This has not harmed my cd slot in any way and the mount comes with different thickness inserts for the cd slot mount.

17. Robster3 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks, I bought one and works good. Only use it on long trips or finding my way around Sydney when there.