Air conditioner help

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Queso, Feb 27, 2010.

  1. Queso macrumors G4

    Mar 4, 2006
    Last year I bought an apartment that came with a wall-mounted air conditioner/heater. Unfortunately it is in need of a service, but the first question everyone I call asks is what make it is and the damn thing doesn't have any trademarks on it. According to the label on the side of the converter (below) it has model code FLC-1301, but a Google provides absolutely no help as to what manufacturer this could relate to.

    Does anyone have any ideas who made this?

    Attached Files:

  2. MacDawg macrumors Core


    Mar 20, 2004
    "Between the Hedges"
    Have you tried to contact the person(s) you bought the apartment from?
    Perhaps they have an idea or some papers on it
    Or maybe someone in an neighboring apartment has something similar
  3. Gav2k macrumors G3


    Jul 24, 2009
    Can you take a picture of the unit itself and the external unit too??
  4. Queso thread starter macrumors G4

    Mar 4, 2006
    Thanks for the replies chaps. Unfortunately the unit was installed by the owners before the people I bought the apartment off, who never handed over any papers. I'll upload a picture of the converter when I get home, but the other part of the device is up on the roof so I don't have a photo of that. It"s not those Fedders Lloyd people either. My best guess so far is that it may be a generic unit branded for Firstline, the electrical brand for Carrefour, but there's no way I can confirm that.
  5. Tomorrow macrumors 604


    Mar 2, 2008
    Always a day away
    What type of service does it need? If you're just talking about what we in the U.S. call "air conditioning service," that's just cleaning coils, blowing out condensate drains, and checking the refrigerant charge - seeing as that unit runs on R-407C, just about any licensed HVAC tech can work on it.

    If you need parts, many are interchangeable across brands but many are not.
  6. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

    May 10, 2009
    I doubt you're going to get much from that CE label as far as a manufacturer but the dude above me is correct a lot of the modern units have standard parts easily replaceable. The CE label tell me this much...the odds that you can find parts for it aren't that bad.
  7. Queso thread starter macrumors G4

    Mar 4, 2006
    That's good to know thanks chaps. I think I'll just pay for someone to come out and take a look. If it's all just generic bits and bobs they should know straight after taking the cover off, and at least then the whole thing is moving on.
  8. Queso thread starter macrumors G4

    Mar 4, 2006
    As an update for this the unit was serviced at the beginning of this week and is now working again. I still have no idea what make it is, but as Tomorrow and Ttownbeast pointed out it didn't matter in the end.

    Thanks very much all.

Share This Page