Air Disk + Time Machine = OFFICIALLY NOT SUPPORTED

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by anthonybsd, Apr 8, 2008.

1. anthonybsd macrumors member

2. McGiord, Apr 8, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

3. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

No kidding. that's terrible--And I just ordered a TC. How can you release a system software update that includes a feature that had previously been announced, and then omitted, and then say it was a "developer error" to include it? Really inexcusable.

4. macleod199 macrumors 6502

As other's have implied it 'works' but is not 'supported' (i.e. if you phone Apple for help, they will not help you).

5. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

Why wasn't this story on the front page of MR??? It's on Engadget, [H]ard|Ocp and a few other places.

This is total BS on the part of Apple, and surely it's to get more people to buy their time capsule. I don't even OWN an AEBS and I'm pissed! :p

6. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I think I'll stick to CCC. Not really sure what the benefit of TM is in a home environment anyways.

7. w00master macrumors 65816

8. ztark macrumors member

ok, this REALLY pisses me off. I just bought an airport extreme for this very feature and was even told by an employee at the apple store in Tulsa that an airport would meet my needs. If apple disables and/or fails to appropriately support time machine through airport extreme, I will expect a full refund of my money, or a credit to apply towards TC.

9. anthonybsd thread starter macrumors member

I use my macbook for work, and my wife uses her air for school. It's convenient to have home as a central backup location (i.e. when we walk into our apartment we only have to deal with one backup solution that is self-activating). In fact just last week I dropped my macbook from couch to the floor - just long enough for the hard drive shake but not high enough for the accelerometer to activate protection and file system crapped out. Brought it back from backup and only lost about half an hour of work. It's definitely quite valuable in home environment.

10. psingh01 macrumors 65816

Hmm....maybe I'll just return my airport extreme then. I got it this past sunday....