Air Display 1.1 causing problems with landscape iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BC2009, Jun 25, 2010.

1. BC2009 macrumors 68000

BC2009

I updated the Air Display software to the latest version. However, now when my iPad is in landscape orientation it shows a solid-color band on the right-hand side of the screen that takes up about a quarter of the width. Things work great in portrait mode, unfortunately that is not how I use this app.

It is as if the entire right quarter of the screen is not getting any screen updates over wifi and remains showing whatever was previously shown there. For example, it shows the Air Display intro screen that is displayed prior to activating the Air Display on the mac. Or if after rotating it shows the blue background that the Mac fades to when switching resolutions.

Anybody find a way around this?

2. BC2009 thread starter macrumors 68000

BC2009

Found the work-around for this... try rotating the iPad to portrait and back to landscape a few times. Letting the Mac re-compute the resolution as needed. Sometimes I even rotated the iPad before the Air Display did the redraw in portrait, triggering a side-ways screen and then shaking the iPad to wake up the accelerometer and then the next redraw fixed it.

So this is one case where shaking the computer can actually fix the issue.

Also, should not the folks over at Avatron were very helpful over iChat support. They said they saw something similar once on an iPhone test during QA but could not reproduce. I can consistently reproduce by starting Air Display with the iPad in landscape mode, but then the rotate to portrait and back again seem to fix it (sometimes with the little shake in between).