Air drop not working

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by stuey12345, Oct 27, 2013.

1. stuey12345 macrumors member

Cannot get air drop to find contact, does nothing, both phones are iphone 5 running ios 7.0.3 air drop will not find each other on either phone, both phones set to everyone

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

3. stuey12345 thread starter macrumors member

Does it only work if both phones have Bluetooth on?

4. ekiro macrumors regular

Make sure the other party receiving your drop approves you to their air drop zone.

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

uh yea. airdrop transmits over wifi and bluetooth and should activate both for it to work when you turn airdop on.

6. lolkthxbai macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

I have a friend that couldn't get his airdrop to work. I had mine on everyone with wifi and Bluetooth on. I checked his iPhone and it was the same way. I couldn't send him anything. I tried with another friend in the same room and it worked perfectly. I never did figure out what was wrong...

7. fortheus macrumors regular

The other party need to activate airdrop as well and select who can view them. It's not merely just activating wifi and bluetooth

8. viperGTS macrumors 65816

I have the same problem. Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/AirDrop all ON and set to "Everybody." I can not be discovered by any other phone.

9. lolkthxbai macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

Both devices had airdrop turned on. Read my post again.

10. fortheus macrumors regular

Can pull up the control center for the receiving party and upload a screenshot?

Also make sure the recipient allow his/her airdrop to be seen by anyone

11. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

Once it's set to how it's suppose to, it takes about 5 seconds for the other party's name to show up under the Airdrop section..

12. AntnyMikal macrumors regular

Make sure the contact has correct itunes email address for both. Had this problem with me and my wife, she had added an extra letter in my email address. Fixed it and we connect every time now within seconds. Ridiculous on Apples part, but has to be email associated with iTunes.

13. viperGTS macrumors 65816

That's only for "Contacts Only". OP mentioned the phones were set to "Everyone".