Air Drop Problem - iOS7

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tdmac, Sep 20, 2013.

1. tdmac macrumors 6502

I was trying to play around with air drop last night between my wife's phone and my own.

- Air Drop on both phone was set to allow using Contacts.

- My phone popped up on hers when I went to share a photo. However, not the reverse.

- If I change the setting on her airdrop to allow "everyone" it then appears. So I know Air Drop is working but not when selecting "Contacts Only".

- I checked her contacts. Obviously, I am in the address book. I tried changing the field for "mobile" to "iphone" but didn't matter. We do share an address book with one iCloud account and we each have our own. I saw that my name was in my iCloud account, in contacts on her phone, and thought that maybe it wasn't working since it had to maybe be in her icloud account. I then created a new contact in her icloud account and still no dice.

What am I missing?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. sdub macrumors newbie

Same problem here

I had the exact same thing occur last night. My wife and I both have IPhone 5. However, we both tried to "Everyone" and "Contacts Only" and we wouldn't show up on each other phones at all.

4. HskKo macrumors newbie

Minus the shared contacts, my wife and I had the exact same problem on our phones.

Similar to you I had a gut instinct that maybe my phone number wasn't labelled "iPhone", but she already had that set up.
    Continued investigating differences and eventually came upon email. My contact for her had her email listed. Hers did not have mine. We added my Apple ID email to her contact for me, and the problem was fixed.

Hopefully you find that this solution works for you too.