air envy

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jamisonbaines, Aug 19, 2011.

1. jamisonbaines macrumors regular

doing a little thinking

pulled the plug on my desktop. sitting here on a hackintoshed dell mini 9 with a 19" external hooked up. full size keyboard and usb mouse off the monitors usb out, watching a full screen movie, reading threads online, twitter app, streaming itunes radio, preview & mail open on the internal screen.

with 2gb ram and a atom lol

i bought a 15" mbp (2.0) 2 months ago, now with optibay and ssd soon to come. it strains the fugg out of my eyes for some unknown reason. but i don't want to ditch it just yet.

but damn if i don't long for the day when i have an 11" air, 27" external and a fatty thunderbolt raid handling everything.

2. thelead macrumors 6502

thunderbolt makes all of these laptops such a great buy. The new TB display magnifies it by being able to leave everything plugged into the monitor and simply connecting two wires to the laptop.

It's really amazing that one cable will be able to push a display, speakers, raid hd setup, ethernet, firewire audio interface and a few usb accessories.

3. AppleTech22 macrumors 6502

Ya that thing is amazing, but for nearly the price of my Air, not so much for me. I think that the $599 24" is the best deal out there right now.

4. unixperience macrumors regular

what screen did you get? glossy, hi res gloss, high res anti glare? One thing about macs is the screens are pretty pixel dense (more so than most laptops) so maybe that is what causes the eye strain.

5. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Which monitor are you talking about?

6. jamisonbaines thread starter macrumors regular

it's the HR AG. i prefer the silver bezel and the pixels per inch is lower than my netbook so i figured it wouldnt be a thing. i think the trouble is the size of it and the extent to which i have to focus. it's like the combination takes up enough of my field of vision while requiring my eyes to really focus in that it just wears them out. i have used a 27" imac which fills up my entire field of vision without issue and like i said my 9" doesn't bother me either (though i don't ever use it for more than a few hours at a time)

i ordered some of these gunnar glasses that are supposed to help with eye strain so on extended use i'm going to see if they make a difference. i might look like a tool in them but i'll see if it helps. otherwise it's a great computer. everything in one portable package.

7. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

8. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123