Air Express - Disconnect

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by NJP100, Mar 17, 2017.

1. NJP100 macrumors newbie

Really annoying - my almost new Airport Express (attached to my BT network) drops out on a regular basis - my mac and iPhone cannot find it, and the utility simply has a warning triangle and asks if I want to remove it from the network! My ancient Apple TV has no problems. Any thoughts on this? Many Thanks.

2. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

Mine has done that one or two times this year. Probably not the answer you want, but I just set my express up again and it fixed it. I think one of the times I unplugged it and plugged it back in and that worked. I do not know what causes it, but that could be a temporary fix for you.

3. alFR macrumors 68020

Could you post some more details of how it's set up (extend vs join network, bridge mode or dhcp etc)?

4. NJP100 thread starter macrumors newbie

Its set up to join my existing BT network using the same password. I set it up via my iPhone following the instructions. It shows up on the Hub's diagnostic as connected, however both my mac and iPhone lose it, without there being an obvious reason why. So I may have no problems for a few days or even weeks, and then it "goes missing". The AirPort utility on my mac cannot see it, and as nunes013 suggests, the only answer is to connect, reconnect, or go through set up again.

5. NJP100 thread starter macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Mar 20, 2017 ---
    And, miraculously, connected itself yesterday evening, after being "offline" for 2 days plus.

6. mattg3 macrumors 6502

Are you using the latest security firmware 7.6.8? When I upgraded to it I had dropouts listening to music with optical connection to powered speakers.That firmware upgrade is my issue since dropouts gone when I went back to old 7.6 firmware.