Air fryers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jkcerda, Sep 22, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

just a fancy way of saying "convection oven". matter of fact that is what walmart calls their cheap one :p

made chicken already, came out PERFECT .
    [​IMG]

I am NOT going to say "there is no oil" because I do "coat" it very lightly, even the fries, difference being it is not swimming in oil as it would from a conventional fryer.

tried making a cake and brownies on it & that was not good.
    anyways, just trying to see who has one & has tried it & what have you cooked with it? my big boss arrives tomorrow
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BernyMac macrumors regular

BernyMac

Called turbo broilers in the Asian markets.

3. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I've used a Nu Wave oven for years. They work well.

4. BernyMac, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016

BernyMac macrumors regular

BernyMac

It works really well if you want to warm up or reheat something that you don't want to get soggy and for those food items that you want to keep crispy.

5. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Okay, this thing is really intriguing. How well does it work on things you might typically buy frozen, but ready to drop into a fryer? I'm thinking like Ore-Ida fried, breaded mushrooms, etc.?

6. ProVideo macrumors 6502

I bought a Philips AirFryer a few months ago. I love it for doing frozen french fries, nuggets, hot dogs, breaded patties, and other frozen foods that benefit from crisping. Also good for heating something in the microwave and then hitting it for a few minutes in the airfryer to get a crispy outside. I used to use a toaster oven for this, but the airfryer has much better results and is faster. Even reheating pizza is great using the grill pan accessory, although only one slice at a time. But it is quick so while I'm eating one slice I can do another and then it's ready by the time I have finished the one slice.