Air Heads Unite, National CoreShutdown Visit-Apple-Day

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by 1rottenapple, Jul 3, 2008.

1. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

All of us MBA air heads should organize and on a given day, take our airs to the apple store to be "fixed." Set a date, take a screen shot of your appointment time at a mac genius. We can call this CS-DAY.

Anyone with me? :D I'm thinking July 12, a Saturday for those in the US time zone. Our Canadian and Mexican brothers can join out plight.

This is rediculous I love my air but having it run at half the clock speed is really irritating for the amount I paid for it.

I like the idea of taking a screen shot while a core shutdown is happening but anyone have any ideas of making out point across would be cool too.

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

If this is a big problem, sounds like a good idea.

3. Alan Taylor macrumors 6502

Alan Taylor

If I pay a small fortune for mine, and I have this issue I have heard about - Applecare will think there is a dragon on the phone :p

Is it really that common???

4. trentiles macrumors member

Well according to the current poll its at 50/50 right now, but this only accounts for MBA users on this forum obviously. So this is an incredibly small percentage of total MBA users.

Here's the thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=509873

I don't think you are going to have much impact on Apple if you get all 19 of those people having this issue to go to the store at the same time.

Some users have gotten their MBA's replaced just by not taking "there is nothing wrong" for an answer. Persistence seems to pay off in some peoples cases.

5. NewGenAdam macrumors 6502

If the poor "genius" serving you thinks you'll make enough of a fuss if he doesn't replace your machine, chances are he'll do it.
    It helps to look like you mean business: dress smart, be clear about the issues, and DON'T be rude, but be challenging!
    It always works for me - using not a heavy hand, but a firm one.