Air Jacket (Crystal) on White iPhone 3GS. Not pretty, folks.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bunnicula, Jun 30, 2009.

1. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I love the case itself (form factor, minimal approach). I really need it just to protect the back of the case from scratches and such.

I like the clear case idea, as you can THEORETICALLY see the back of the phone, which is quite a pretty design.

Unfortunately, no matter how I arrange those little clear stickers, I still wind up with gray marks (around the stickers). If I take them off, I have gray marks on the phone itself. Not pretty.

Anyone been able to solve this mystery? It's really frustrating.

:(

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Did you place them on the four sides (near the corners where the case touches the back of the iPhone) as well as one slightly below the :apple: logo?

I've used that before and had no watermarks, I just couldn't help it when the dust goes inside the case and seen from outside.

3. bunnicula thread starter macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Maybe I need to move the stickers further out toward the edges?

I placed them EXACTLY like the picture from the Japanese web site instructed, but I know how well those diagrams are drawn.

Lemme give that a whirl.

4. bunnicula thread starter macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Hmm...

I think the only way I could avoid it is if I papered the back in stickers. ;)

It is somewhat better. I wasn't getting those dark gray streaks and splotches on the back of my phone... what I was getting was this sorta gray halo effect around the stickers.

Now, I'm still getting it, only it's not so pronounced.

Thanks for the tip. I am still wondering if I should try another case. I'm so weird about this sorta thing. :D

5. bunnicula thread starter macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Hey... I'm not getting any dust going inside the case at all. Yet I have the gray circle deal.

Odd.

Why is there no perfect case?

(that was rhetorical... obvs. it is so we'll all keep trying and buying cases)

;)

6. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

If you mean: waterproof, dustproof, dirtproof, sandproof, and dropproof. Yes there is one but if you add good looks, you had to sacrifice those proof and the case become less proof and weak just like those transparent speck cases.

7. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

That halo thing around the stickers, you need to move them close to the edge, where it's curved or something.

8. bunnicula thread starter macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Well, I'd just settle for looks good, keeps the back from getting scratched.

There. My requirements. ;)

I think that's not too much to ask. Sadly, most cases are just way uglier than the phone. Bah.

9. bunnicula thread starter macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I wish I had more stickers. Mine are gonna look bad just from being moved around if I move'm again.

It's tolerable now... um... until I find another case. :D

10. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I have a skin on my iPhone that's why my Clear Air Jacket is somewhat retired lol, but I think you might want to try Reveal by Griffin, it has a clear back too but black on the side.