Air or Pro with an SSD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JetSurly, Dec 26, 2012.

1. JetSurly macrumors newbie

I apologize in advance for this frequent question:

I thinking about selling my 2012 air 256/8gb for a Pro 13" 500/4gb and upgrading the HDD to SSD immediatly.

Will i notice a big performance gain over the Air?

I love the resolution of the air but the base macbook pro (non-retina) still suffices with its 1280x900.

I am just curious as to what kind of gains i can expect when i go to the Pro from the Air. Will Win7/Win8 work better with bootcamp/fusion?

Side note: i do want to play some flight simulators. Flight gear installed on my air, but will not open, same with Norton anti virus. It just seems the Air is lagging with the 1.8 i5.

Thoughts? Sorry for the poor grammar, had to type this quick!:(

2. Ploki macrumors 68000

3. JetSurly thread starter macrumors newbie

So if i were to go i7, will that be worth it?

4. JetSurly thread starter macrumors newbie

I am just thinking that with a crucial M4 in there that the pro will rock. and it will have enough processor speed for games, where as the Air seems like it does not

5. zackkmac macrumors 6502a

I have a 2012 13" base MacBook Pro with 16GB RAM and a 256GB SSD. It is a fantastic and speedy machine. I don't recall ever seeing the "beach ball". It's great. It doesn't have an M4 installed but I do have one in my 17" and it rocks, I recommend it.

6. JetSurly thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you! Its posts like these that make me feel better about going the route i am about to go.