Air or something else?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Dingster101, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Dingster101 macrumors member

I have a 2014 21 iMac, an iPad 3 and 6s+. I have a social media management and a travel business as side jobs. I'm on the road a good deal. Should I get an Air(refurb) or a rMB as a complimentary device for demos? TIA

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Air, you'd need a bag full of peripherals for the rMB if you need to be prepared for different outputs with demos, whereas you can pick up a load of MiniDisplay converters for next to nothing. Plus you'd save a pretty penny on a refurb Air over a rMB, and the charger is MagSafe (you'd be surprised how often trips over cables happen during demos and stuff, best to err on the side of caution)

3. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Macbook Air without a doubt. Especially if it is going to be used for demos/presentations. My MBA 11" has been an invaluable travel/work companion. Being able to attached it to a monitor/projector and use a presentation remote (with a USB dongle) without the need for any additional adapters is terrific.

FYI: Best Buy is selling the 11" MBA on Black Friday for $779.

4. AtomicGrog macrumors regular

Air, but personally wouldn't suggest the 11" it's too slow for general usage when on the road.

5. jlp2979 macrumors 6502

The 11" and 13" Airs share the same processors?

6. AtomicGrog macrumors regular

Sorry i meant too small. I used a 11" for near 3 years, couldn't wait for it to be replaced with a bigger screen.