Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dingster101

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2015
I have a 2014 21 iMac, an iPad 3 and 6s+. I have a social media management and a travel business as side jobs. I'm on the road a good deal. Should I get an Air(refurb) or a rMB as a complimentary device for demos? TIA

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Air, you'd need a bag full of peripherals for the rMB if you need to be prepared for different outputs with demos, whereas you can pick up a load of MiniDisplay converters for next to nothing. Plus you'd save a pretty penny on a refurb Air over a rMB, and the charger is MagSafe (you'd be surprised how often trips over cables happen during demos and stuff, best to err on the side of caution)

Reactions: Meister

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Macbook Air without a doubt. Especially if it is going to be used for demos/presentations. My MBA 11" has been an invaluable travel/work companion. Being able to attached it to a monitor/projector and use a presentation remote (with a USB dongle) without the need for any additional adapters is terrific.

FYI: Best Buy is selling the 11" MBA on Black Friday for $779.

AtomicGrog

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2011
Air, but personally wouldn't suggest the 11" it's too slow for general usage when on the road.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.