Air Play suddenly stopped working

jackc

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2003
It was working fine after setting up ATV, but now nothing happens when I click "Apple TV" on the menu bar icon on my Mac. Tried restarting both Mac and ATV.

If I go to System Prefs, it is turning my AirPlay Display to "Off"

If I turn it on again by selecting "Apple TV" it's still not doing anything when I go to the select it on the menu bar. When I go back to System Prefs, it's turned off again.

Any ideas?

TrueBlou

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Strange one. Here's the stupid obvious things to start off. Is AirPlay still enabled in the settings on the Apple TV? Are both devices on the same network? Do you use a firewall that could be blocking ports?

jackc

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2003
Strange one. Here's the stupid obvious things to start off. Is AirPlay still enabled in the settings on the Apple TV? Are both devices on the same network? Do you use a firewall that could be blocking ports?
Yeah, checked AirPlay setting on ATV, using same network. Tried rebooting router and ATV.

Still the same thing. Sys Prefs turned off AirPlay, turned it on, "Apple TV" is in the menu, but does nothing when selected.

ddrulez

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
Germany
There are problems with Windows and IPv6 and you have to disable it on the PC. But I don't know OSX so it can be a different problem.

jackc

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2003
Weird, I tried restarting my Mac one more time, now it's working again. Just hope it doesn't keep turning off.